eclectic design inspiration

Friday, August 3, 2012

Music -> Decor: Beach House


I created a bit of a challenge for myself on this one, but this is the band I've been listening to on repeat lately so I felt like they were the most worthy of a long overdue Music to Decor post. The band is Beach House, and the song below is the first single off of their most recent album, "Bloom." 

Every time I listen to this music, it evokes a feeling of both wanderlust and sentimentality. Hopefulness even. I don't know if I need to just get a hold of my emotions or what, but sometimes songs can make me feel like I experienced something that I really didn't. Like, this song brings up memories of a road trip I took through the cornfields of Nebraska with my college boyfriend. Except I didn't have a college boyfriend and I've never been to Nebraska. And before I dig myself into a deeper weirdo hole, I'll just say that this band puts me in total daydream mode so maybe I shouldn't have listened to it at work all day. Here is the song "Myth:"



Isn't the song dreamy and hopeful, almost magical? I get the same feeling from the rooms and decor below (even though I kind of cheated because most of the effect is due to the lighting... and the messy beds). I told you it was a challenge! 




photo source unknown 



photo source unknown


So... are you a Beach House fan (yet)? 
If not, become one this weekend! Have a great one :)



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'd love to live in any one of those places. There's no way I would be able to make my apartment look as ethereal as some of those but maybe it's a cue for me to start trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny whenever I google beach house, the band comes up and I've never listened to them. Enjoyed their music and LOVED all of the gorgeous images. Happily following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your comment brightened my night right up. these bedroom pics are so inspiring! bisous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of beach house but will have to check them out! I love music too and agree that it can really stir the emotions :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I could stay too long time in my room if I have one of this :)
    Cool photos !!
    xx

    ifoundmysoulmate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool song. I hadn't heard it before...and yes your images were exactly right to go with the song. Thanks for introduction :) I wish I did have a beach house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this song! This is my kind of music. I am going to check them out.

    Great photos too. Perfect with this song!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I am enjoying catching up on all your fun posts too!

    xo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!