eclectic design inspiration

Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 24-25: Don't Miss 'Ems!

Wow what a weekend it's been! (For the sake of being on top of this blog, let's pretend it's still Sunday.) First of all.... my sister is getting married!!! Her boyfriend popped the question on Saturday and it's been non-stop phone conversations, and smiles, and Pinteresting, and teary eyes, and texts with the fam and friends ever since. Maid of Honor, right here!

On top of that, I've been trying to get all of my ducks in a row for a long anticipated girls' trip to San Francisco! The five-day funfest begins on Wednesday, so if you have any recommendations of where to go or what to do, please let me know! I haven't been to SF since a family trip in 8th grade and I sort of want to see and do everything. (Except Alcatraz...   just sayin')

And before it gets too far away from me, a wrap up of my favorite things over the past couple of weeks from the blogosphere:

This photo accompanying one of the best interviews I've ever read, of food/travel writer and stylist David Prior, by The Design Files

This kooky but oh-so-fun Queen Elizabeth's Dress Hues Pantone Color Wheel via Design for Mankind on Yatzer.com

Chloe Sevigny's currently-on-the-market house tour via The Aestate

A nice-looking way to hang organize via Affaire With Interiors

DIY Gold Tube Bracelets by Honestly...WTF

This lovely tour of Jessica Comingore's eclectic home via Design*Sponge

This jaw-dropping NYC rooftop via Gild and Grace

This cute and playful bathing suit on Elsa Hosk via Oracle Fox

An airy and bright dining area via Gild and Grace

These simple succulents in such elegant silver goblets via My Design Ethos

This stunning beach photography by Massimo Vitali featured on The Aestate

A ridiculously creative bedside table via The Decorista

 This sassy stripe ensemble via Look Closer

This super-stylish living room via Apartment 34

Everything about this look on Oracle Fox's Mandy Shadforth

A delightfully charming office space via Five Kinds of Happy

This standout look worn by my girl crush Taylor Tomasi Hill via Because I'm Addicted

This adorable "Save the Date" by Souther Fried Paper (favorite business name ever

This does-it-get-any-better? kind of room via The Decorista


Which of these images has you most inspired?

And more importantly, what is your must-see, must-do, must-eat, must-shop in San Francisco!? 
I need tips!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister! As far as for SF, Sightglass coffee is a super cool place to go for a cuppa joe. I've found that for all popular food places at any time of the day, you have to wait in line if you don't have a reservation so please make sure to do that unless you like standing around for half an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sister's engagement! Some of my favorite SF restaurants...Cafe Gratitude (although I heard some of their locations shut down), Millenium, Tartine, and Humphrey Slocombe ice cream (the best! it's worth the lines). Also, you must go check out the Ferry Building Farmer's Market and get a vegan donut (I forget the name) and some Blue Bottle coffee. I also highly recommend making the trek to downtown Healdsburg for some wine tasting - it's so adorable! Gary Farrell Winery was my favorite of all of the places I tried when I lived in SF - seriously good wine and an insanely gorgeous location. If only Massachusetts didn't have stupid laws about shipping their wines here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freya! I accidentally deleted your comment - I'm so sorry! Fat finger problems...

    Here it is in full :)

    "I love all the photos! Especially the one from the NYC rooftop :) And you must go to Alcatraz!!! It's really spooky...especially when everyone there is on their own head-phone guided tours and you take yours off and it's silent except for the shuffling of feet...But it's fun :) As long as you don't get left behind...mwwahahahah! Have a great time!!!

    Fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you are already having a great time in SF! Do try to go to the farmer's market at the Ferry Building on Saturday. SO many shops and a gorgeous market. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. inspirational pics ;)

    http://hedonismbysisi.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HedonISM-by-sisi/218893998197240

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you'll post about SF soon! I've never been, but my husband lived there for a year and just love the city!

    ReplyDelete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!