eclectic design inspiration

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great day with their dad! Since my dad's in Texas and I'm in Oregon, I just get to wish my dad a Happy Father's day over the phone, but I think he appreciated the gift my siblings and I got him since he spends a lot of time outdoors and has a thing for hats!

I've already honored my dad a little bit by going estate saleing this morning (something he also enjoys) and I think I'll continue celebrating Father's Day by listening to The Byrds and perhaps watching some Charlie Chaplin - he used to make my siblings and I watch CC as a kid and I think I might appreciate it more now. ;)

Here are some entertaining pics of my Dad over the years, beginning when he was a child. While you can't see it in full-effect from these photos, I think I got my tendency to ham it up in front of the camera from him.


 Halloween 1955

My dad in the middle, around 1957 

1966 

Galveston, TX (I think) not sure the year - high school?

Austin, TX 1973  (my dad's in the back on the left with that wild long hair and beard)

El Paso, TX ... late 70s

around 1980 

About ten years ago, working on his parents' property in Montecito, CA

My siblings and my dad and I several years ago


Hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day and wrap-up to the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely collection of photos - I particularly like the picture at Galveston. It looks like fashion trends haven't changed that much

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....you are so sweet and love that you dedicated this post to your father!!! love the Galveston pic and the others when he was a child!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool are those vintage photos! Love it.
    xoxo

    The Aestate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have lived in the 1960's. That time was so great! So many things were happening yet life was still simple. Plus it gave us some great parents :)

    HEY! You left a comment over at my blog, where in PDX do you live?! I love that place, it's beautiful. I'm sad I ever left it and hope to come back someday!!! What brought you to Portland!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute post! i like the hat you got your dad :)

    all your pictures are really great!



    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoyed ur father's day blog...and thanks to ur bro for directing me there.
    Love,
    ur father

    ReplyDelete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!