1. Look through your book collection and gather ones with red, white, or pink spines and arrange them as the focal point on a table.
3. Line up your pale pink, hot pink, dusty rose, fire engine red, coral and sparkly nail polishes on your vanity or bathroom shelf.
4. Move any family wedding or other romantic photos to a place where they are clearly visible.
5. Look through your magazines and find the ones with pinks and reds on the cover and lay them on your coffee table.
6. Make some red velvet cupcakes or cookies with pink frosting and arrange them on a cake stand on your kitchen counter.
7. Pull any pink, red or sparkly shoes out of the closet and place them in a casually noticed spot.
8. Look through your closets and less-visited rooms for pink, red and floral things that you forgot about (blankets, artwork, collectables) and move them to a place where they'll really stand out.
9. Go through any wedding announcements, baby announcements or other cards that have pinks and reds, florals or symbols of romance and put them on your fridge.
10. Finally, if you must buy some kind of Valentine's Day decor, check out places like Target for cute things at great prices. These heart pillows were only $11.99 a piece and I can use them in different areas of my home Valentine's Day after Valentine's Day.
Obviously, it's all about certain colors. Which of these ideas is your favorite for simple Valentine's Day decor?