eclectic design inspiration

Friday, April 27, 2012

Fave Find: Alexandra Valenti Photography

I came across Alexandra's work through a Design*Sponge post featuring her series shot in Wimberley, Texas entitled "Leslie Crow," and immediately started thinking about all of the things I'd be willing to give up if it meant I could own one of these prints (thinking about that art wall project, people!). Happy hours? Done. Magazines? Yup. Gilt Groupe membership? Sure. Fancy Starbucks coffees? Yes. Netflix account? Ummmmm for how long? See, I just started the second season of Friday Night Lights and I have to know if **SPOILER ALERT - jk, I know everyone but me has already seen the whole show** Julie Taylor and Matt Saracen get back together. (Even though I am definitely not a Julie fan right now and think he deserves waaay better.)

I decided to email her. 

And she was so, so nice! I found out that she was in the process of setting up an online shop and that prints could be ordered there. And they are affordable! My compulsive gut feeling was correct - it was meant to be. 

This is the photo I ended up purchasing because it is just so Texas and since I'm from there, creates a real since of nostalgia for summers back in the day. I also love the whimsy of the colorful pool below and I know that seeing this photo in my apartment every day will be a very smile-inducing thing.


 If this one ever becomes available to purchase, it may become #2 in my apartment. It gives me a totally different feeling than the rope swing photo; it's mysterious and I'm getting a sort of celestial sci-fi vibe. Love it.

This is just a tiny, tiny bit of this gracious and talented artist's work. Isn't it so cool?

Do your life a favor and check out her website here: http://www.alexandravalenti.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!