eclectic design inspiration

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Music -> Decor: Beyoncé







One of the major perks of babysitting back in high school (besides being paid to lounge by the pool, having unlimited access to Spongebob fruit snacks, and no tax withholding) was being thought of when the dad's company gave him tickets to a Destiny's Child concert, and he didn't know who she was. So, when asked if I would like to have four tickets to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo on the one night the big performer at the end of the evening was NOT a country musician - this country-music-hater said OMG yes! And that’s when three friends and I put on sparkly, bootylicious outfits and danced to Beyoncé and the gals' "Say My Name" in a giant Astrodome that smelled like cow manure. True story.
Flash forward to 2011. Since Beyoncé’s performance at this year's VMA's (the night she almost caused the Twitterverse to implode after revealing her pregnancy), I have been into her song Love On Top. It's one of those songs that puts you in a fantastic, all-smiles-and-sunshine mood, which is really important considering it's November and I live in Portland. Although there is something to be happy about this winter: BASKETBALL IS HAPPENING!!! GOOOOOO BLAZERSSSSS <3 #88 :) :)
Anyway... this post's Music -> Decor is all about Beyoncé: Classy, Fun and Sexy. Like seriously, is there a better example of a sexy woman? I don't think so. She's inspiration to us all.
Because the video is just too good, she gets more than an mp3.


Okay, she actually gets two videos:



And for Beyoncé's music translated into decor...












I've come to a conclusion: Beyoncé should hire Kelly Wearstler as her interior designer because it turns out these are all her photos. It's such a perfect match it's KILLING ME that I can't introduce them! I guess I will have to trust in fate for this one.

2 comments:

  1. I want kelly wearstler's book called Hue for my coffee table!! I love her designs, the colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added some more KW/Beyoncé photos to this post... my comp wasn't working right last night. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!