eclectic design inspiration

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Superfood: Beets

They are rich in folic acid, calcium and iron. They have lots of fiber and nutrient compounds that protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, especially colon cancer.
Let's go.





Wash fresh beets and remove stems and tail
Place in baking dish with a half cm - half inch of water
Roast in oven for for 30-45 mins at 425 degrees (should easily slice with a knife)
Run under water and slip off skins
Slice or chop with purple onion
drizzle with olive oil, red wine vinegar and fresh black pepper


Honestly though, I've realized my favorite way to eat beets is just raw, on a salad. 


This photo was taken with my phone during my lunch break at work. I admit I was a little self conscious about standing at the counter in the office lunch room, shredding beets with my giant cheese grater, but it was So worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!