eclectic design inspiration

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Girl Talk

my own girly vignette


This post is pretty simple but I'm especially excited about it; it's a photo collection (from a variety of sources) of my favorite super-girly vignettes, composed of makeup, perfume, flowers, accessories, and the like - the kind of arrangements I love to just stare at. Okay wait, that sounds kinda ridic (unless we're decor soul mates - in that case we need to chat!) so please let me explain...

I'm not a crazy girly girl. Sure, I wear makeup and I get my hair done, but I swear I always volunteer to deal with scary, probably-black-widow spiders and I have my very own Black & Decker power drill (5.2 Amps).  Okay, okay, truth be told: the drill is most often used for annoying Ikea furniture that I end up going rogue on during the assembly process, but I really want to see that new movie Prometheus. That counts for something, doesn't it?

My point is, I think that everyone can value the beauty of these vignettes because they embody classic femininity in such a striking way. And don't men and women both have an affinity for the female essence? The objects themselves give us a feeling of sensual sentimentality and the colors, sparkle, and placement create something that's "easy on the eyes."  What's not to love? 


Photo via

photo via

photo via

photo via

photo via

photo via

photo via

photo via


Do you have something especially girly (or manly!) in your own home that you really love?


7 comments:

  1. Amberly these shots are just great-I particularly love the lighting and focus on the rose shot. Wonderful photo (your parents?_very glamorous) on the make up table. Do you know we were offered a house swap at a most amazing looking house near the national park not far from Oregon, but we couldn't do it this year. I'm really hoping we may be able to go next year though-so many creative people and wonderful looking shops seem to be in your area! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Caroline! As much as I would like to say that all of these photos are my own - only the first one is! There are links to the sources below each photo, but I just added a note about that in my intro so that it is more clear. The photo you like is from Cupcakes and Cashmere.

      You must visit Oregon! I have lived here for 5 years and have never loved a place so much. Portland is an incredibly creative and interesting city, and Oregon has such unique natural beauty. Plan a trip in the summer so you get some sun!

      ~Amberly :)

      Delete
  2. Nice photos :)

    Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment. WOuld you like to follow each other?
    Let me know so I can follow you back :) xx

    http://msofisticada.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, I love your blog so let's follow each other!

      Delete
  3. I love keeping my perfume and such on a pretty tray. Thank you so much for your sweet comment about Chopper; he is hanging in there well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect topic - my favourite item of decor in my home is my saddle. I'm not sure if that qualifies as manly or girly but I love it either way

    ReplyDelete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!