eclectic design inspiration

Sunday, November 14, 2010

They're gonna be big in 2011, just wait...


When I had the Southern-style dinner party last weekend, one of my friends gave me the cutest hostess gift ever: an apron from Anthropologie. I am obsessed. How creative and thoughtful, right? If you come over to my house and I'm wearing it - don't assume I'm baking anything. I may have it on just cuz. It's that awesome. Anyway, I've paraded around in it a bit and come to a conclusion: aprons need to make a major comeback. But in order for them to be relevant to the modern young-person's lifestyle, I think the reasons to wear one should be a little bit more "outside of the box." Because seriously, does Rachael Ray even wear one? So, after some careful thought I've figured it out.

An (adorable) apron would be totally appropriate if:
  • You are making anything that relies on a recipe. But that's a no-brainer.
  • You are heating up leftovers in the microwave, and stirring is involved.
  • You're totally into a guy that's coming over and know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Guys are visual creatures.
  • You are writing out a grocery list and need to get "in the zone."
  • You are in charge of making drinks when your friends come over to pre-funk.
  • You've had too much to drink while pre-funking, and are at risk of spilling all over your "going-out" outfit. Can't let that happen.
  • You're a little too obsessed with Mad Men.
or
  • You just feel like it, cuz you don't really like what you're wearing today anyway.

So, would you ever rock an apron?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!