eclectic design inspiration

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Favorite Thing: Open Kitchen Shelving and Cabinets

No matter how hard I try to go for lamps, artwork, chairs, or vases - when I get to the checkout line I always end up with a mixing bowl in one arm, a cast iron skillet in one hand and a fluted cake pan in the other. I just can't get enough of kitchen stuff!

Most kitchen things (especially if you make a point of collecting them) are worthy of display, but so many kitchens don't have enough counter space to have items sitting out and prepare a meal. That's why I love open shelving and cabinets so much; stored items look great and everything remains out of the way. Unfortunately the new apartment I'm moving into (next month!) has standard cabinets with doors, but I wonder if a little do-it-yourself kitchen enhancement would be worth the consequences.

But until I have some open cabinets of my own, I'll just be crushing on the photos below...


via Etsy

And a few of these kitchens have another feature I lust after: apron sinks. But that will have to wait until another post...


Are you kitchen crazy like me? What things do you tend to gravitate toward?

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my plates and dishes are not cute enough or chic enough to stand on their own in the open like that. I've got my share of plastic beer cups and random assorted kitchen gadgets that it would look like a rummage sale. Boo - where do these people keep their ugly stuff? In the pantry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I can relate to that. I would guess lower shelves or a cabinet out of the camera shot. :)

      Delete

I love the sharing of ideas and getting to know you, so thank you for your comment! It really makes my day!